Ahhhh the crockpot. How did I live without you? I like to think of my culinary history as BC (before crockpot) and HC! (hooray crockpot!) Seriously. Best kitchen related purchase I've made. So, uh, anyways, if you're feeling lazy like I am this a very easy and tasty recipe which will take you about 20 min prep time. Enjoy!
What you need: (but you can substitute or throw in whatever you have on hand)
- 1 lb chicken breast (or beef if you prefer)
- 1 15 oz can of pinto beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can of kidney beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can of black beans, drained
- 1 15 oz can of corn, drained
- 1 28 oz can of tomatoes
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp of your choice taco seasoning
- 1 packet of dry ranch dressing
Add all the ingredients listed above into your crockpot, cook on high for 2.5 - 3 hours. Or low for about 4-5 hours. Top with avocado, sour cream and/or cheese. Serve with chips. Ta-da!